PATRICK D. ELLIOTT
Linguist, PhD student at UCL email • homepage • twitter • mastodon • GitHub
- Poster, May 2017: Andreea Nicolae will be presenting a poster on our joint work with Uli Sauerland on the semantics of simplex wh-expressions cross-linguistically at SALT 27, University of Maryland.
- Talk, May 2017: Rebecca Woods and I will be presenting joint work on embedded if-questions in English at SPiN Fest, University of Manchester, May 26.
- Talk, May 2017: Andreea Nicolae, Uli Sauerland and I will present joint work entitled "Sorting out who's who: higher-order quantification and the interpretation of number cross-linguistically" at CLS 53, Chicago, May 25-27.
- Talk, June 2017: I'll be giving a talk (title tba) at a workshop on nominalization at University College London, June 2.
- Talk, June 2017: I'll be giving a talk entitled "A question of content" as Generative Grammatik des Südens, at the University of Göttingen, June 16-18. Abstract
- Paper, in prep: I'm working on a paper entitled "Embedded declaratives as modifiers" for the Proceedings of Sinn und Bedeutung 21
- Talk, March 4 2017: Andreea Nicolae and I presented joint work with Uli Sauerland on "Who and what do who and what range over cross-linguistically" at the workshop Theoretical and Experimental Approaches to Presuppositions, Genoa, Italy. Slides.
- Talk, February 3 2017: I presented joint work with Andreea Nicolae and Uli Sauerland on the semantics of simplex wh-expressions cross-linguistically at UCL's semantics research seminar, London. Handout.
- Poster, January 7 2017: Andreea Nicolae presented our joint work on cumulative readings of questions, as a poster at the LSA Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas.
- Talk, December 9 2016: "Rethinking the semantics of embedding" at the FB IV workshop, ZAS, Berlin. Handout.
- Talk, November 11 2016: "Ellipsis identity and the alternative tier" at the Theory of the Grammar colloquium, Leipzig. Handout coming soon!
- Talk, October 15 2016: Wataru Uegaki presented our joint work with Nathan Klinedinst and Yasu Sudo, "Predicates of relevance and the semantics of question embedding", at NELS, UMass, Amherst.
- New paper, September 2016: "Explaining DPs vs. CPs without Syntax", to appear in Proceedings of CLS 52. Draft on LingBuzz and Semantics Archive.
- Talk, September 9 2016: Gary Thoms presented our joint work "NPI anti-licensing in peripheral modifiers", at LAGB 2016, University of York.
- Talk, September 8 2016: I presented joint work with Andreea Nicolae "Cumulative readings beyond nominals", at LAGB 2016, University of York.